Aurora Concrete will send out a trained concrete specialist, review your needs and conduct a professional site evaluation. A proposal will be drawn up and submitted promptly. Upon acceptance of our proposal, Aurora Concrete will remove your existing apron, sidewalk, patio or anything other area needing concrete and haul it to an authorized dumping location. Aurora Concrete then will re-establish 4-6 inches of compacted base material. We then frame the area to have concrete and set up rebar throughout the entire framed area. (rebar is used in all our concrete pours) The concrete is then poured 4 inches thick followed by a cure & seal application. Lastly, the expansion cuts/relief joints are made.
Life expectancy of new concrete can be well over 20 years. Aurora Concrete warranty for all concrete work is 3 year & excludes any cracking that might occur, petroleum staining and normal wear and tear.
If your asking yourself what a concrete apron is, it would be the first 2-6 feet of concrete between your garage floor and the driveway.
This area is often asphalt and is sunk well below the garage floor. An apron is especially necessary if your apron has sunk and you can see the block under the garage floor. The process to repair this area permanently is rather simple.
- Measurements are taken and a cut, 2-6 feet out, is made across the driveway and the asphalt or concrete is removed.
- All the block is filled and the subgrade is raised back to the original level with recycled crushed concrete.
- The subgrade is then compacted with a double drum vibratory roller and/or vibratory plate.
- Steel rebar is placed in the apron
- Forms are set up around the area to be poured
- Concrete is then delivered from a redi-mix plant and 4" of 4500 PSI concrete is poured into the forms
- Finishing tools are used to smooth and level the concrete
- Control cuts/relief joints are placed in the concrete
- A no-slip, brush finish is left on the surface
- An application of Cure & Seal is applied to concrete
After completing your new apron, you will have a smooth transition from driveway to garage.